Dalila Lopes, Expat Blogger & Biomedical Engineer
- 17 Dec 2020 9:38 AM
She says she is a, "Biomedical engineer by qualification, but a dreamer in the soul." Adding that words, music and people are her biggest inspiration. Dalila writes this blog: Lila's Doo Wop.
1. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Amarante, in the north of Portugal.
2. If you could be an expat anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
India, for the colors, the people and the culture. No matter how long I lived there, I think I would always feel like an expat.
3. What would you miss most if you moved away from Hungary?
Walking by the riverbank and viewing how the colors of the sky change, during sunset.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
They must go to a thermal bath, then have some brunch (yes, I discovered amazing brunch places so far!) and finish the day with the view from Citadella.
5. What is your favourite food?
"Caldo de mancarra", a typical guinea-bissauan dish with peanut sauce.
6. What is your favourite sport / form of exercise?
7. What is your favourite place in Hungary?
8. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
9. What’s a job you would definitely never want, don't imagine yourself having?
Airplane pilot. I think I would be terrified, to have the control and the responsibility of handling an airplane.
10. Where did you spend your last vacation?
In my hometown in Portugal, this summer.
11. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
12. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
The boy band Blue, any film with Denzel Washington and practising Jazz dance.
13. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
Lately, I cannot resist a piece of tiramisu.
14. Red wine or white?
15. Book or movie?
Book always, because it allows for more imagination.
16. Morning person or night person?
Morning person. I feel more inspired and with a better mood, during the first hours of the day.
17. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Racial inequality and migrants crisis.
18. Buda or Pest side?
Pest, so I can see Buda from across the river.
19. Which achievement in your life are you most pleased about?
To live for a year in Székesfehérvár, for an European Voluntary Service project. It was the first time I lived abroad, and I learned many things about myself during that period.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
"I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept." - Angela Davis.