- 10 Dec 2020 3:41 PM
However firstly 2020 seemed to be an exciting and promising year. After six months of planning he and his team was ready to open Wang’s brand new restaurant in Buda.
They were planning the opening party when the COVID kicked the door. There is an old say: the problem does not come alone. Indeed. After the pandemia closed all the restaurants, the re-opening was questioned too: administrative challenges that seemed unsolvable came up.
Master Wang was really thinking about leaving the Buda project. But in the very last moment the bureaucratic problems were gone so he was able to open the new restaurant!
Sadly the happiness didn’t last to long again. The COVID came back. That’s how he is now. Probably you would say he should leave the business. But the thing is Master Wang is not that kind of guy. He is a crazily and ultimately optimistic business man. And ever-smiling guy who still have dozens of new plans in Hungary.
1. Where did you grow up?
In Beijing. However I spent most of my life in Hungary. I was only 21 when I left China and since then I live in Budapest.
2. If you could be an expat anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
I think I still choose Budapest.
3. What would you miss most if you moved away from Hungary?
The beautiful view of the river Danube. It's amazing when the lights are up at the Fisherman's Bastion and at the Palace in the evening. I would miss the beauty of this city the most.
4.Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
They have to see that view what I mentioned. And then I would take them to the New York Kávéház. This is the most beautiful café I've ever seen!
5. What is your favourite food?
I have a lot. If I should pick Chinese, I pick Chinese noodles.
6. What is your favourite sport / form of exercise?
I really love to do exercises in the gym and I also love the box trainings.
7. What is your favourite place in Hungary?
8. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
Maybe I would do something like writer or photo shooting.
9. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
That's a difficult question. I really don't know. If I have to do something I'll try to do my best.
10. Where did you spend your last vacation?
We were in Dubai with my family. The new year’s eve of 2019.
11. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
I really hope we can spend the next one at the seaside. Maybe on an island in the Philippines.
12. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
"CuiJian" who was one of the fhe first rock stars in China. (In the eighties. Frankly we had to study a lot in general. Probably we played a little football, but that's all. You know in China students has to learn from morning till evening. The teenagers don't have as happy life in China as they would have here.
13. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
14. Red wine or white?
15. Book or movie?
I like both.
16. Morning person or night person?
17. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
The politics. I'm really worried about my children’s and our planet's future, so I strictly follow what's going on in the world nowadays.
18. Buda or Pest side?
Difficult to answer. Probably Pest. There is much more life here.
19. Which achievement in your life are you most pleased about?
When I was 43 years old, my 2nd son was born. I decided to change my lifestyle from having parties and drinks and now I can follow a mostly healthy lifestyle.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
I have a lot! "you only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
"It's painful to carve yourself But on the end you will meet better self"