- 22 Feb 2021 10:32 AM
A cooperation with the city of Budapest is now forming, in the near future they will organise events together, the city provides the tools, trees, others, the members of Tree Commando support the work with the physical labor and joy of planting and nurturing trees.
Feel free to join Tree Commando by clicking here
1. Where did you grow up?
I was born in downtown Budapest, in the VIII. district, at the time we were living close to Örs Vezér square, we moved to the V. district when I was around five years old, I grew up literally in the heart of the city. But at the age of 17, my family moved to the Buda side, where I have been living ever since. I also spent two years in the U.S. between ages 6 and 8, that's where I learned English and became at least 1% American. But my heart belongs to Hungary until my last breath.
2. If you could be an expat anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
That's a no brainer: New York City. As I said I grew up in Budapest, which is also a metropolis, but in NYC I feel like a time traveller from the past with no idea who and how built all those marvelous buildings.
3. What would you miss most if you moved away from Hungary?
Probably the fact that as a Hungarian I get along very easily, as I know the people, knowing how to approach different people is a big advantage that I would completely lack in a foreign country.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Most people would say the party district, but tourists usually have no idea how much trouble they unintentionally cause for the locals who live there. Instead my advice would be to take a walk following the Danube, check out all the downtown bridges, then do a random walk around the V. district, examine the architecture, it's amazing. Of course going up to the Buda castle is also a nice thing to do.
5. What is your favourite food?
I'm Hungarian, the list of great Hungarian foods is too long, I couldn't choose one. Maybe fisherman's soup.
6. What is your favourite sport / form of exercise?
I love to go and do some boxing in the gym nearby, but unfortunately that's forbidden now too due to the pandemic. So I just run a few miles every day, and try to work out at home, it's not easy.
7. What is your favourite place in Hungary?
I love the peaceful small cities, I think Szeged is my favorite.
8. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
I would love to work in the movie business. Maybe one day.
9. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
I could never do the job of medical professionals, although I give them a ton of respect.
10. Where did you spend your last vacation?
I have been to India at a wedding two years ago, since then things got a bit chaotic in my life, the virus affects me too.
11. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
New York - laughs.
12. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
I loved Metallica, as a hobby I loved to watch all sorts of movies, anything really, as long as it had some quality, I never liked mindless action movies.
13. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
I live in a harmonic relationship now, but as most men, I'm in trouble with beautiful women. I can't imagine anything more tempting.
14. Red wine or white?
15. Book or movie?
16. Morning person or night person?
As an entrepreneur I have a lot of work, so I had to become both, I wake up around 8 am every day and go to sleep at midnight, that's the only way I can work 12-14 hours a day.
17. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
I try to speak up for trees, as they do not have a voice. Humans can speak for themselves, trees can't.
18. Buda or Pest side?
I guess when you are young you prefer Pest, but as you mature Buda becomes more and more attractive.
19. Which achievement in your life are you most pleased about?
I wrote a book about cryptocurrencies not long ago, that was challenging, but very rewarding.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Victory is always possible for a person who refuses to stop fighting.