- 2 Feb 2021 10:24 AM
She was born in South Korea and moved to USA as a teenager. Rachel moved to Budapest to study dentistry at Semmelweis University, and like many expats she decided to stay here.
She is working in Smile and Teeth Dental Clinic in Hungary as a dentist, specialized in Prosthodontics and Aesthetic dentistry.
1. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Korea and then moved to America around the age of 15.
2. If you could be an expat anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
3. What would you miss most if you moved away from Hungary?
My Hungarian friends and amazing Danube view.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Walk on the Chain bridge then walk up to Buda castle & Fishermen’s Bastion.
Citadella of course, and I would also highly recommend to go to Parliament with Tram 2, and meanwhile check out Buda view at night.
5. What is your favourite food?
Any Spicy food and of course Korean food, especially Kimchi!
6. What is your favourite sport / form of exercise?
I like going to gym for weight lifting and fitness salsa class.
7. What is your favourite place in Hungary?
It would be Citadella.
8. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
There are so many, but one of them would be a wedding planner.
9. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
A physic teacher.
10. Where did you spend your last vacation?
My family and I went to Spain and Turkey.
11. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
Manarola town in Italy.
12. What was your favourite hobby as a teen?
Watching horror, mystery/thriller films. (Still is!)
13. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
14. Red wine or white?
I really don’t drink much, but between these two, White wine (Try not to stain my teeth! :D)
15. Book or movie?
It really depends on my mood; however, I would choose movie.
16. Morning person or night person?
Morning person! I like getting up in the morning to have a full, long day!
17. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
’kényelmes’ = Comfortable
- It was my very first Hungarian word I learned for my Hungarian patient.
18. Buda or Pest side?
I prefer Buda for a living purpose, but for entertainment purposes, Pest for sure!
19. Which achievement in your life are you most pleased about?
The fact that I went to America alone and learned English. (It was not easy to go abroad alone especially I did not speak English properly)
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
All I have is now, and I live only once, regret nothing.
Free Consultation For Xpats @ Smile & Teeth Dental - Your Dentist In Budapest