- 19 Apr 2021 1:39 PM
After 5 years there he moved on to sell medical equipment and instruments for another 5 years. Then he went on to open his own shop, a café, and a traditional chimney cake business and an ice-cream shop.
Later he got into the Thai massage business by accident, after he had sold all of his other businesses. As it turned out this is the closer to his heart than anything he has done before, he says.
1. Where did you grow up?
I was born and raised in Tata, later I went to school in Győr, and then continued my studies at the University of Pécs at the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology.
2. If you could be an expat anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
Spain because of the climate, cleanness and food.
3. What would you miss most if you moved away from Hungary?
Local dishes here, like Hungarian style chicken soup.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
A visit to the Parliament, a walk around the Buda Castle, and along Váci utca, and then a tasty Gulyás soup is a definite must do too.
5. What is your favourite food?
Lots, I love soup, including meat soup (Húsleves), and Gulyás when nicely prepared and not just a watery liquid with some potatoes in it. I also really like Tatar beefsteak.
6. What is your favourite sport / form of exercise?
I still like playing football with my friends in my free time.
7. What is your favourite place in Hungary?
Tata, my home town.
8. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
It is a difficult question since I am finally doing what I like after trying so many other ventures, right now I cannot imagine doing anything else. I would not be an employee even if I had to stop what I do now, so I would be my own boss for sure.
9. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
I would definitely would not work in a slater house killing animals, I just would not be able to do that.
10. Where did you spend your last vacation?
Dominica, Punta Cana, it was my first time there and I found out I prefer Thailand.
11. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
Thailand, as soon as the borders open again I am going to be on my way there.
12. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Band: Roxette, Film: Piedone, directed by Steno. Hobby: Football.
13. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
14. Red wine or white?
Red - I have no particular favourite, actually most of all I prefer ‘Ice Wine’.
15. Book or movie?
16. Morning person or night person?
17. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Well this pandemic as it effects my business, alongside with migration issues.
18. Buda or Pest side?
Pest. I live here, I work here, I move around here.
19. Which achievement in your life are you most pleased about?
I am happy to still have four Thai massage salons around Hungary given the circumstances at the moment.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
“You learn to soar among the eagles and to scrape along among chickens”.