- 29 Jun 2021 2:09 PM
1. Where did you grow up?
In the countryside feeling absolutely happy and free.
2. If you could be an expat anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
In fact, I was an expat a couple of times; in Finland, UK and Australia and loved them all.
3. What would you miss most if you moved away from Hungary?
My friends and family, which I do anyway even living in Hungary as 2 of my 3 daughters study and work in the UK.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
See the city from the Danube and from somewhere above. Get lost in the small streets of downtown.
5. What is your favourite food?
Anything with fish and seafood and plenty of vegetables.
6. What is your favourite sport / form of exercise?
Cycling (mostly in the Pilis, where I live), yoga and long-distance walking.
7. What is your favourite place in Hungary?
I love the Danube Bend with its secluded shores, hidden cafes/restaurants and green forests.
8. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
I always wanted to be a Paediatrician, but then I realized that I would be unable to give an injection.
9. What's a job you would definitely never want?
Being a politician.
10. Where did you spend your last vacation?
We did a campervan holiday with my family through the Nordic countries of Denmark, Sweden and Norway. It was awesome. Nature and nature conservation got to a new level.
11. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
In Southern Tuscany. We have a wonderful Agriturismo, we tend to return now and then. It is surrounded by grape yards and olive groves, a really enchanted place to be.
12. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
I was into hard rock; AC/DC, Rolling Stones, Uriah Heep, Nazareth, Queen. My taste in music softened a lot since then.
Film: the two ends of the sticks are Grease and the Godfather.
Hobby: I was always a very active person, loved my acrobatic Rock&Roll class.
13. Apart from temptation what can't you resist?
Dark chocolate, strictly above 70%.
14. Red wine or white?
Depends on the mood & food.
15. Book or movie?
I love both. I used to be a member of a film club at the University. Still regularly go to cinemas. I love small art cinemas where you come out from the same door where you went in.
16. Morning person or night person?
Both, love to get up early enjoying the stillness of the morning and the chirping of birds. And I usually get so busy in the evening that I only notice it's 1 a.m. again.
17. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Acceptance & Tolerance & Solidarity. I have been working with RomaVersitas for over a decade now. It's fantastic to see how these students learn to give back to their community and become role models.
18. Buda or Pest side?
I love Budapest as it is, never made a difference between the two parts.
19. Which achievement in your life are you most pleased about?
My three daughters and the fact that no matter what happens I always go back to my positive mood within at least 24 hours.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
„Always look on the bright side of Life" from Monty Python.
Proofread by Szilvia Molnár, a professional freelance writer, travel expert, mom of two, and admitted coffee addict. Though not necessarily in that order. Connect with her on LinkedIn or read about her latest travel experiences on the Exploration Lounge website.