- 20 Jul 2022 1:38 PM
Andrew is Managing Director of FCA Central and Eastern Europe covering sales and service of Alfa Romeo, Jeep, Fiat, Abarth and Fiat Professional cars and vans in Hungary, Czechia and Slovak Republic.
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
This time in 2018 (we lived here also in 2007-12), both times for work.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
Yes. Switzerland, Germany and Italy as well as Budapest twice!
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
The weather; being much better than I expected; the beauty and architecture not only in Budapest but the other Hungarian key cities, and the warmth of the people.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
City tour, visit the galleries and spas, do some escape rooms, spend a hectic night in the ruin pubs, and sit by the Basilica, or on the Danube, with coffee or wine and people watch.
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
Krémes, Hungarian ice cream, lángos and the best goulash.
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
Hungaria Brut extra dry sparkling wine, Juhasz Rose, and soda water.
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
8. What do you miss most from home?
My family relatives, but they love to visit us in Budapest.
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
Singer ( I love music, but cannot sing)
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
12. Where do you hope to spend your next holiday?
13. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
14. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
The Police, It`s a Wonderful Life, and cars.
15. Red wine or white?
16. Book or movie?
Either, if they are good.
17. Morning person or night person?
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Poverty, climate change, human rights and global cooperation
19. Buda or Pest side?
Live in Buda, dance in Pest.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Make sure everyone matters; and knows it.