- 28 Nov 2022 4:58 PM
1. Where did you grow up?
In Hungary, Budapest, all my family is from around here. I was raised in the 2nd district, later moved to the 13and now planning to go to the countryside.
2. If you could be an expat anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
Probably somewhere warm. Asia, China, Indonesia, Thailand could be the places. China because I speak Chinese, and I love tea. Thailand because it is one of the best places, and I like Thai food.
3. What would you miss most if you moved away from Hungary (apart of family and friends)?
Food is definitely one of those things, the quiet culture, the local flavours, and the nature which is quite unique here.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
In the Capital they should have a walk along the Danube on Pest side to see the Castle, the Parliament, and the bridges. A thermal bath is also a must since it is so special – it can be also interesting for the young ones as well. As for restaurants, definitely a real Hungarian one, like the Szegedi Halászcsárda, in the fifth district, close to the Danube.
5. What is your favourite food?
I don’t have a particular one. I like Asian food, and American BBQ.
6. What is your favourite sport / form of exercise?
I watch none, I do sailing at Balaton, or at the Sea, and I also like running and that can be anywhere.
7. What is your favourite place in Hungary?
Lake Balaton during the summer and Szokolya, next to the Danube where I have a little land, where I do farming. I have a few fruit trees and also grow some vegies as well.
8. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
A commercial pilot.
9. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
Depends on the situation, but I would not do anything that leaves any kind of waste.
10. Where did you spend your last vacation?
11. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
Spain, Mallorca. Later, when kids will be a bit older, Asia (now the little one is 6 month old).
12. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Did not have a particular band, but liked rap music.
Film: The American Pie series
Hobby: Track biking and mountain climbing.
13. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
Sweets. Any sweet.
14. Red wine or white?
White. There are many good ones. I like Balaton region ones, Figula from Csopak for example, and also the ones from Eger, especially Attila Cellar’s wines.
15. Book or movie?
16. Morning person or night person?
17. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Climate change. It changes everything that we knew previously. Peace is also important, especially now seeing all the violence going on these days.
18. Buda or Pest side?
I would say Pest. There are more activities on that side of the Danube. The Northern part is more appealing to me, I spend a lot of time there.
19. Which achievement in your life are you most pleased about?
It is personal. My two children. They are nice and they make me very happy even though they are still very young.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Basically I discovered this in the last two years: ‘Continuously improve’ – in both business and personal life.