- 24 Jul 2023 9:21 AM
It was a roller coaster period, indeed. Corona, divorce and the War, and at least three topics and projects done.
2. On a scale of 1 to 10 how happy are you with your life in Hungary, and why?
7. Great people and architecture, these arguments win even the fight against the inflation. What I cannot forgive is the salaries for teachers — one of the most important jobs for the society and new generation.
3. What’s the best party you’ve been to while in Hungary, and why?
The Art Markets of Kunstfuck Art Residency, in my opinion, are the best parties in the city. A lot of creative people gather there, artists in cool outfits, the best musical discoveries in the city, and semi private hidden locations. All this gives an amazing state of euphoria. We even do them without drugs, it turns out fun anyway.
4. What’s your favourite drink?
Coffee with turpentine.
5. What hidden talents do you have?
Only unhidden ones, I broadcast about them weekly. Modesty is not for me, everything goes into creativity, business and Kunstfuck.
6. What was the most interesting travel trip you have ever taken?
To the nothermost city of Norilsk, where I’ve opened a solo exhibition in the local museum of modern art — Make Art Not Warm
7. If you were given a wish that could come true, what would you ask for?
Peace and good climate for everyone.
8. What’s the last book you read, and movie you watched?
'The Orientalist’ (by Tom Reiss) about a Jew who transformed himself into a Muslim prince in Nazi Germany. There’s more in the book — about Russian Revolution, emmigre community in Berlin, arising anti-semitism in Germany due to the Second World War and even a Hollywood fame.
9. If someone wrote a biography about you, what would the title be?
The Orientalist II.
10. What is the perfect pizza toppings combination for you?
Let’s trigger the first world question with no answer, and ask everyone at least finish a pizza crust.
11. If you could trade places with any other person for a week, real or fictional, with whom would it be?
It would be great to become a president of the USA and ban the production of all weapons in the country. Or become a dictator and release political prisoners and clean the shit after what’s done. Or rather a God to stop all wars in the world, and bestow rain on Africa.
12. On a scale of 1 to 10 how unusual are you, and why?
I'm just extraordinary, scales don't apply.
13. What’s the best website you’ve ever visited, and why?
My new one because I did it myself http://oksanadevochkina.tilda.ws
14. Who do you admire the most, and why?
All mothers of many children for courage, patience and incompatible work.
15. What do you like best and least about living in Hungary?
See number 2 :)
16. What has made the biggest impact on your life so far, and why?
My kid and my teachers, because I’ve became a super woman, a better person and a thinking artist.
17. If you won USD 30 million, what would you do with the money?
I will invest in the climate change researches, clean water and alternative energy resources.
18. If your life had a theme song, what would it be?
19. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
I’ve done already. And I even paying stupid fees to the immigration office for this :)
20. In ten years from now what will you be doing?
I hope the same but just more successful.
Photo by Natasha Pavlovski