- 27 Nov 2023 5:19 PM
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
Me and my family arrived here last December 9, 2020. It is my husband's diplomatic posting that brought us here. He is currently the Philippine Ambassador to Hungary.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
This is our 9th country of residence in our Diplomatic life. We've lived in Sydney, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Geneva, The Hague, Dubai, Athens, London and now here in Budapest.
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
How beautiful the country is! Not just Budapest but also the many historical towns of Hungary. In Budapest, we live along the Danube so I get to enjoy the beautiful lights along the Danube at night. A sight to behold.
4. Friends are in Budapest for the weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
All the beautiful tourist spots of Budapest. From the St Stephen's Basilica to the Fisherman's Bastion and Matyas Church and many others. Of course they should not miss the Thermal Baths.
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
The Hungarian sausage is a hands-down.
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
8. What do you miss most from home?
My family and the Filipino food.
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
I don't really have a career for many years now as I always accompany my husband in his postings. But there were postings that I was able to work, like when he was assigned in Geneva I was able to work with UNICEF and UNEP. But my dream when I was young was to become a TV newscaster.
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
Probably a job in the medical profession.
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
My last vacation was in London with my daughter. It's a special city for us since it's my husband's posting prior to Hungary.
12. Where do you hope to spend your next holiday?
I wish to spend my next holiday in Spain. I have never been back since 2011.
13. Apart from temptation what can't you resist?
A good whole body massage.
14. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
My favorite is the band of Sergio Mendes. I love Brazilian beat. My favorite film is Steel Magnolias. I love reading books when I was a teenager.
15. Red or white?
Red of course.
16. Books or films?
17. Morning person or night person?
I think I am more creative at night.
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Child prostitution and Human Trafficking. Those social issues that affect women and children the most.
19. Buda or Pest?
It's difficult to choose really, but I live in Pest. 😀
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Pray and do your best, and let God take care of the rest.