- 12 Jun 2013 9:00 AM
The Rickshaw is located in the local Corinthia Hotel, its atmosphere complements the traditional arts and materials of the Far East. The decorations of the restaurant focus on different woods with a quality Eastern feel, allowing guests to experience the elegant side of a wide range of Asian cuisine. To fully set the mood of ‘Eastern culture’, candles and well positioned spotlighting are used along with soft and calming music in the background, which all adds to its excellent atmosphere.
The menu contains many favourite dishes from the Orient, including Chicken satay, Prawn skewers, shrimp spring rolls, home-made Shanghai dumplings for starters. Fish is a good option here, for example Braised Meagre in Chinese wine Szechwan style with rice vinegar, served with bean chili sauce,vegetables, fresh coriander and jasmine rice. Thai green curry and Japanese style beef medallions are also great mains.
From appetizers right through to deserts, the Rickshaw gives more than 30 great choices, with many suitable for vegetarians. As mentioned meat lovers will find something new and exciting, or a familiar favourite dish to make them happy.
Some example dishes from the menu:
* Traditional Peking duck with Chinese rice pancakes and condiments (min.2 persons) - HUF 11500 (pictured)
* Panko’ and wok fried Tiger Prawns with spicy vegetables, pine nuts and black bean, quail eggs - HUF 6500
* Seafood noodles soup with Tiger prawns, squid, crab meat, bok choy, shitake mushrooms and quail eggs, hoisin and fish sauce - HUF 3800 (pictured)
* Banana Wonton with vanilla ice cream and caramelized ginger - HUF 1800
* Soy-milk and ginger crème brulee- HUF 1800
* White chocolate and passion fruit cake - HUF 1800
Rickshaw Restaurant, inside Corinthia Hotel Budapest
1073 Budapest, Erzsébet krt 43-49
Tel: +36 1 479 4855
Words by ShuanDan Lin for XpatLoop.com