- 14 Oct 2021 4:19 PM
Come together with the international community at this Bonfire Night Party, which supports Hungarian children's charities, and this year celebrates the 21st birthday of good old XpatLoop.
By taking part in this enjoyable + worthwhile event you can network + socialise with friendly expats + cosmopolitan locals from Hungary’s business + diplomatic + cultural circles.
As always there'll be virtual fireworks, live music, dancing, lots of refreshments & prizes!
- check out the fun video below to see what happened last time.
Tickets Are Now Available Online:
RESERVE YOUR TICKET / TABLE HERE
* Limited number of places available
* Best get yours now to avoid missing out
* See below for more information about ticketing
* Age: 18+ Dress: Smart Casual - Guests can dress up for the occasion is they wish.
* Location: Budapest Ballroom, Marriott Hotel, 1052 Budapest, Apáczai Csere János u. 4.
* Health: For the safety of all involved at the hotel, only those able to show a Covid-19 Certificate of Immunity at the entrance of the event are able to participate (either EU, UK, US or Hungarian).
Dr. Rose Private Hospital + FirstMed
* Virtual bonfire and fireworks display - Special Effects International
* Enticing mix of eclectic grooves by 'The Selectress' from Brooklyn, NY - DJ Mahogany
* Play Roulette + Blackjack for fun (not money) to win small gifts - Las Vegas Casino
* Budapest's favourite expat covers band will play well known indie tunes, with dynamic guitar solos, tight rhythms & harmonies guaranteed - The Vibe
Featuring: Adri Deák (HU) – Vocals, Jon Spinks (UK) – Vocals, acoustic guitar, Chris Parsons (UK) – Lead guitar, Matej Hoyt (HR) – Bass guitar, David Asztalos (HU) – Drums.
* Try your hand at 'Wine Mafia Game': blind taste 2 wines and guess the identity & qualities of them for a chance to win wines & more! Presented by this new cosy wine bar & bottle shop - where international crowds meet for wine tasting & games - Bortodoor City
* Vegan Cream Soups with fresh coriander & coconut yogurt chutney + Garlic Naan 'chips' in triangles / Masala hummus & carrot sticks / Curried Popcorn from Good Karma
* Mexican Salsa & Fresh Chips from Arriba Taqueria
* Salmon rilette with micro greens & Bread by Hilton Budapest
* Selection of Halloumi Style Grilled Cheese by Hajdú Sajt
* Authentic Lebanese cuisine fresh from the grill by ARZ Restaurant
* Mini-Burgers, Hasselback Potatoes, Coleslaw by Marriott Hotel
* Chicken Tikka Masala, Indian Vegetarian Dish, Pilau Rice by Mr Masala
* Marinated Chicken with Sweet Potato and Chimichurri Sauce by Ipanema Grill at The Ritz-Carlton, Budapest
* Bulgur & red beans salad with pepper humus, Couscous & eggplant salad with humus, Couscous & olives salad with pepper humus, Potatoe salad, French salad, Tuna salad, Ceasar salad, Chicken salad, Selected of Tea Cakes, Cocoa cream coated snacks from Tesco
* Chinese delights: Pan-Fried Bao (Chinese dumpling stuffed with pork, scallion and mushroom) and Pastel de Nata (custard tart) by Wan Hao
* A selection of Artisanal Donuts, made fresh daily by Cream Donuts
* Chocolate Mousse Cake, Mango-Raspberry Cake, and Caramel Cake by Cloud9
* Oreo Cheesecake & Australian Pavlovas by Downunderbar.hu
* Sweet & salty pastry by Fornetti
* Welcome drinks by Bortársaság
* Single-malt whisky tasting by GoodSpirit Bar
* Cocktail bar sponsored by Zwack Unicum
* Selection of premium quality craft beers from Hedon
* TIMCO FRISS + TIMCO VOROS Irish Red beer + wine tasting by Davy Byrne's Irish Pub
* Coffee from Costa Coffee Hungary
* Tesco Finest Prosecco
* Coca-Cola products
* Water by NaturAqua.
* Fine wine tasting presented by Belward Winery from Baranya County, Figula from from Balaton Highlands, Grand Tokaj Zrt. from Tokaj-Hegyalja, Gilvesy Winery from Szent György-hegy near Balaton, Hilltop from Neszmély, Jammertal Wine Estate from Villány, Liszkay from Monoszló (Balaton- Csopak wine region), Koch Winery - Winemaker of the Year in 2019 - from Villány, Nier Fine Wines from all around the world, Spiegelberg Artisan Winery from Somló, Szeremley Wine House from Badacsony, Tamás Dúzsi & his Family’s Winery from Szekszárd, Tokaj- Hétszőlő Organic Winery from Tokaj.
MC's + Charity Auctions
* The "Deep, Smooth, & Wise" Master of Ceremonies Hans Peterson will guide proceedings all evening with TV star Zsuzsa Demcsák.
* This dynamic duo will host a Live Auction and announce the winners of a Silent Auction - all event proceeds go to local charities helping Hungarian children in need.
Auction Prizes Include
* 1 night stay in the Presidential Suite @ Budapest Marriott Hotel + including a dinner @ DNB (value HUF 1,800,000+)
* 1 night stay for 2 at a One Bedroom Suite including breakfast + a dinner for 2 at Spago Budapest, by Matild Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Budapest (approx value HUF 800,000)
* A night in a Deluxe Suite @ Corinthia Hotel Budapest - with Breakfast + Access to the Royal Spa (value: HUF 250,000)
* Dinner for 2 in New York Café + 1 night for 2 at Anantara New York Palace Budapest including breakfast (value HUF 200.000)
* Classic cocktail class and workshop by Dez O’Connell for 3 people (value HUF 150,000)
* 1 Year Premium Health Plan from FirstMed (value HUF 200,000)
* Half Board Stay for 2 inc Wellness Facilities @ Thermal Hotel Visegrád (value HUF 100,000+)
* Superior 'Manager Health Screening' from Dr. Rose Private Hospital (value HUF 380,000)
* 'Who Are You?' Painting by Maria Gyurics - Style: Abstract / Acrylic. (value: HUF 220,000)
* "The Black Lion” Painting by Frederick Haddox - 60x80cm acrylic on canvas - (value HUF 100,000)
* Luxury Limousine Service to + from Budapest Airport by Sixt Rent A Car (value HUF 45,000)
* 1 Year Membership to Nr1Fitness giving 24 hour a day access to 4 gyms located around Budapest (value HUF 85.000)
* Promo Video production in English by Infinitum Films (value HUF 420,000)
1 to 2 minute video about yourself or your company for marketing purposes.
Includes pre-production planning, 1 day of filming at 1 location, & 2/3 weeks of post-production.
All equipment required is included in the production (cameras, stabilizers, drones, microphones).
* Aston Martin Budapest will collect you +1 and take you for lunch at Matild Palace Luxury Collection Hotel
+ Aston Martin F1 team cap signed by drivers Sebastian Vettel and Lance Stroll (value: priceless!)
* Sunday Brunch for two at Four Seasons Budapest’s KOLLÁZS Brasserie & Bar - accompanied by live music (value HUF 26.000)
* Costes Downtown dinner for two with wine pairing (value HUF 88.000)
* Red Ginseng Gift Box by Irma Heder (Sushi Sei) (value HUF 100,000)
United Guests Support Hungarian Children's Charities
Magic Lamp Wish Granting Foundation (Csodalampa): helps 3-18 year old children suffering from a life-threatening illnesses. Gabor Patzauer, Founder & President of Csodalampa, "Our team is greatly honoured that its mission of granting 260-300 wishes per year for very ill children is supported by XpatLoop.com readers, thank you!"
Young People in Need (Rászoruló Fiatalok) Non-Profit Organisation: focuses on solutions to emotional abuse of Hungarian children up to the age of 18, this non-profit also supports other local charities helping children in need.
The Autistic Art Foundation (Autistic Art Alapítvány): conductes research to help spread autism awareness, ensures housing facilities and care for people with autism, and organises an art program for the youth who live in these housing facilities in Hungary.
Free Business Card Draw
* Prizes include goodies from Good Spirit Bar, Planet Sushi, Magnolia Day Spa, Adam Goodman, Iguana Mexican Restaurant, Trattoria Toscana, 2 night stay at Nova Apartments, and more.
Guests receive a free pass worth HUF 20.000+ to the Fitness & Health Club by Marriott Budapest for 1 week - fully equipped gym for training, plus sauna, steam bath + jacuzzi for relaxation.
HUF 150,000 Voucher for Dr. Rose Private Hospital - redeemable for services over HUF 300,000 - naturally T&C's apply.
RESERVE YOUR TICKET(S) NOW VIA THIS LINK
1. Early Bird Tickets - available until 20 October for HUF 7,000 per person
2. Normal Tickets - available until 8 November for HUF 10,000 per person
3. Gala Table for 8 people - available until 8 November for HUF 80.000
- Unicum Barista + Unicum Riserva bottles on every gala table!
* Limited number of total places available, so it's best to get your tickets now.
* On The Spot tickets – all reserved already.
- payable upon arrival at the event for HUF 12.500 per person - click here to enquire by email.
Covid-19 Certificate of Immunity needs to be shown at the event entrance by all attending - no ticket refunds will be available to anyone forgetting or unable to bring along this personal information. The organisers reserve the right to change the event program timing and content if necessary.
Gold Sponsor: B + N
Venue Sponsor: Budapest Marriott Hotel
* Please also consider sponsoring this event, for which there are various packages suiting different sizes of company and budgets.
Get great PR for your company within an exclusive setting at this popular social networking event for expats and high level locals.
Click here to arrange a discussion about which sponsorship package suits your company best.
6-6.30pm Registration, 6-7pm Welcome drinks, 7pm Welcome address by British Ambassador + Key Sponsor + Charity, 7.30-8.30pm Snack Buffet, 8.30-9pm Live Auction, 9-10pm Live Music & Dancing, 10pm Free business card draw , 10.15pm DJ + More Dancing, Carriages at Midnight.
The virtual bonfire & fireworks display film at this event are in keeping with the British tradition of Bonfire Night, AKA Guy Fawkes Night, which is held annually in the UK to mark the anniversary of a plot to blow up the Houses of Parliament in London in 1605.
Guests of Honour
* You! Together with H.E. Paul Fox, Her Majesty's Ambassador To Hungary
* Duncan Graham, Chairman, British Chamber of Commerce in Hungary
* Dennis A. Diokno, CEO & Founding Partner, FirstMed
* Dr Kornél Papik, CEO, Dr. Rose Private Hospital
Photos & Video
Thanks to Árpád Bakcsy, Marko Novkov, Marcus Schirrmacher, Connall Charlton - see below for a vid from 2019.
Still and moving pictures will be taken at this community event and by participating in this event guests consent to these images being taken and published by the organisers and related partners e.g, photographers for reference purposes.
Event Media Partners
Budapest Business Journal, British Chamber of Commerce in Hungary, Budapest Times
City Taxi, Funcode,hu, Simple Pay, British Embassy, Prohuman, Miracle Eden Thai Massage, Emőke Lőrinc.