- 28 Mar 2013 11:00 AM
As of October 2006 I joined to the Pre-opening team of Four Seasons Golf Club Dubai as a chef de partie, and then followed as Junior sous chef.
After these experiences I moved to Hungary and continued my career as part of famous Costes restaurant. However I liked to work here and gained a lot of new experiences I was invited to join back to Four Seasons Gresham Palace Budapest. I was part of the Gresham Kitchen as Sous Chef, I spent about 3 years in this position.
Presently I am working as Executive Chef in Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest Klotild Palace. It is the second of the world-famous Buddha-Bar Collection. I am in charge for the Buddha-Bar restaurant, which is known about Asian fusion kitchen with subtle mix of flavors and Siddharta Café which has a fine combination of both Western and Oriental styles it provides a pleasant atmosphere in Budapest.
In my spare time I like travelling and discovering new food styles.
Beside Arabic and English languages I do speak Hungarian. I am married and very proud to be a father soon.
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
I arrived to Hungary in 2008 and what else could brought me here than a beautiful Hungarian Girl.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
Yes, I started my professional career in the Kingdom of Saudi-Arabia, where I spent more than 4 years, followed by Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, where I worked 3 years.
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
Kindness of the people. Since my first visit to Hungary I felt people here very helpful and kind, never made me feel I am a „stranger”.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Definitely sightseeing, tasting Hungarian wines, try the spa-s. At night enjoy the “romkocsma” feeling, and of course enjoy a dinner at Buddha-Bar…
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
Chicken soup „Újházy style” and "marhapörkölt"
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
Cranberry juice and olives
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
Csókolom and Fröccs
8. What do you miss the most from home?
Certainly my family, old friends and delicious Syrian dishes.
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
I love my job, however I always wanted to be famous football player.
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
Monotonous work without changes.
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
Within Hungary I visited Villány for a weekend and my last abroad visit was in London.
12. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
I would like to visit my friends in Dubai.
13. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
My hobbies are sports, especially playing football and tennis.
14. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
Watching Real Madrid football
15. Red wine or white?
Depends on the occasion, however most of the times I drink red wine.
16. Book or movie?
Good action movie
17. Morning person or night person?
Absolutely night person
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
19. Buda side or Pest side?
Mainly I spend my days in Pest side, but for living I would choose Buda side.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Never give up and be always cheerful.