- 17 Jul 2014 12:00 PM
Kornel’s definite aim is to become one of Hungary’s well known crisis communication experts within the next 2-4 years, and Spindoc to become the most sought-after crisis communication agency in the country and later on possibly in the region as well. Kornel is a communications professional with strong executive and international experience.
Most recently, as head of communications at Hungary's largest independent consulting firm, Kornel directed PR, positioning and strategic communications for the entire CEE region. Prior to his executive position, Kornel worked with market-leading companies in branding and telco&new media, acquiring all relevant skills at cutting edge communications.
1. Where did you grow up?
I was born and bred in Budapest and have lived here all my life apart from a year of work experience in London.
2. If you could be an expat anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
Both the paradise and the land of origin of spindoctors and crisis communications experts is the US. At the same time, I consider it more important to represent this field in the CEE region – this is my mission.
3. What would you miss most if you moved away from Hungary?
Too many things to be able to list them.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Baths and “ruin pubs”. Taking an evening walk from the Basilica to the Gozsdu courtyard.
5. What is your favourite food?
I write a food blog and I wouldn’t like any of the dishes to take offence by drawing attention to another.
6. What is your favourite sport / form of exercise?
Football. But I spend more time on the running track on Margaret Island.
7. What is your favourite place in Hungary?
The northern region of Lake Balaton, the Káli Basin.
8. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
Playing music in a band wouldn’t be bad.
9. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
10. Where did you spend your last vacation?
In Bled, Slovenia and at Lake Bánki here in Hungary.
11. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
We’re off to London and Helsinki but are also planning a visit to Lake Bánki again.
12. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
The group Balaton. Was and still is a favourite. I recommend it to everyone.
13. Apart of temptation what can’t you resist?
I have relatively reliable self-control. Fortunately or unfortunately.
14. Red wine or white?
I have got far enough in my studies on wine as to be able to appreciate both. I used to only favour red.
15. Book or movie?
16. Morning person or night person?
17. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
18. Buda or Pest side?
19. Which achievement in your life are you most pleased about?
As far as work and career are concerned without doubt the founding of Spindoc Communications Network.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
”A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.”