- 8 Mar 2022 4:06 PM
The DunaPro Group is a full service Distribution/manufacturing company in Hungary. We manage all your Sales, Marketing and Logistic needs. Over 25 years’ experience on the Hungarian Market working with Alcohol, House hold chemicals, Cosmetic, food products and many others.
DunaPro has created market leading positions with many products such as the Bacardi-Martini portfolio, Ultra cleaning products and many more. The Group also has divisions in manufacturing, medical practices and Real estate.
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
I visited Budapest in 1990 and moved here in 1992. From the beginning, business was my focus. I believed in the opportunities in Hungary and still do today.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
For a short time in Prague.
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
Besides the history I studied, almost everything – the amazing people, food and culture and let’s don’t forget the nightlife! I was welcomed as an American and an expat from the moment I arrived. I was treated with open arms and by loving and caring people. Since my background is not Hungarian, I didn’t expect much and I was pleasantly surprised.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
I will start of by being biased, a must visit is 26 Restaurant located at 26 Király utca. My wife designed and opened this place and I truly believe it’s a -must visit- destination for dinner and drinks.
Since I have been living in Hungary for so long you can imagine I have hosted friends, family and business partners many times. For those visiting Budapest for the first time I suggest the following: Castle district, Váci utca, Basilica, Andrassy street, Hero’s square, the baths, a wine bar or cellar and the nightlife.
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
Basically anything Rántott (breaded and fried) but I have been trying to stay away. My wife would say the Baja fish soup but that’s hers. Hungarian food is amazing, spicy and heavy, which means delicious in my opinion. Gulyás, Chicken paprikás, Duck leg etc… Enjoy - Jo étvágyat.
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
Beef kolbász and some wonderful white wine.
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
Can’t say it so I will give you my second, Szeretlek.
8. What do you miss most from home?
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
Anything in Space, I am a Sci-fi nut, then, believe it or not, a History professor and/or Politician. Please don’t make too much fun of me for that.
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
IT manager, that would be a disaster.
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
12. Where do you hope to spend your next holiday?
We are fortunate to be able to travel and we love to do so. I am optimistic that travel is slowly returning to normal and we can make multiple trips per year. Warm weather in the winter, besides a ski trip and anywhere we have not been with the kids. But mostly visiting family in America.
13. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
Buffalo Bills! I am a proud member of the Bills mafia. If you don’t know what that is, please google it.
14. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Genesis and the Police, The Godfather or Star trek films/ TV, Bowling, yes I am a bowling nerd. Also love Tennis, jogging and skiing but as a teen I was a damn good bowler. Now it’s the gym and horses.
15. Red wine or white?
Red normally but I love a good glass/bottle of White.
16. Book or movie?
17. Morning person or night person?
LOL - Night person.
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Equality and Education. We live in a world that highly defines one’s life and opportunity by the location or status you are born into. Very sad.
19. Buda or Pest side?
Live in Buda and work in Pest.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
“Believing in your goals is the first step to achieving them.” I do have another one so I will share – “It’s cool to be nice”