- 26 May 2022 4:41 PM
More recently, he founded My Interim CFO Kft and provides consulting and CFO services to small and medium enterprises.
He is also on the Board of Ütő és Labda Krikett Akadémia (Bat and Ball Cricket Academy) which provides cricket coaching, competitive matches and overseas tours to expat and local children of all ages.
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
A work assignment with General Electric first brought me here in 2000 along with the lure of a Hungarian girl (who later became my wife).
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
Belgium and Germany.
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
That it’s possible to play cricket here!
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
I always try to arrange family/friends visits to coincide with one of the many festivals that take place during the year (especially the September wine festival in the Castle).
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
Milk – I take it with the gallons of English tea I drink at home.
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
Komolyan? = Seriously? A question I often ask of my two sons.
8. What do you miss most from home?
Family, friends and Blackburn Rovers
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
Skiing in Austria
12. Where do you hope to spend your next holiday?
Family trip to the U.S
13. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
A shot of ice cold Unicum
14. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
The band Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (OMD)
15. Red wine or white?
Red in winter, white in summer.
16. Book or movie?
17. Morning person or night person?
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Acting with integrity was instilled in me by my parents. Lack of it is unfortunately the cause of many issues we face today.
19. Buda or Pest side?
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
A quote by Mark Twain “To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with.”