- 14 Sep 2023 7:02 AM
Click here to read his article on SEO
1. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Budapest in a sport-oriented family. I played various sports, but eventually ended up becoming a national champion in athletics. I chose one of the toughest events, the 400 metre hurdles. I reached such a good standard internationally that I received a full scholarship to go to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. I spent most of my early twenties in the US in a multicultural environment.
2. If you could be an expat anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
I will probably spend my retirement years in the Canary Islands. I have visited several times and since I speak Spanish, I really enjoy staying there.
3. What would you miss most if you moved away from Hungary?
I would miss friends and family, and of course the food. I also like how people are down to earth in Hungary.
4. Friends are in Budapest for the weekend – what must they absolutely see and do?
I love the public baths. I spend most of my free time running in Margaret island or in the famous Hungarian spas.
5. What is your favourite food?
I love Wiener Schnitzel. I could eat it every day.
6. What is your favourite sport/form of exercise?
Besides athletics, I love soccer and water polo. I attended the World Athletics Championships this August in Budapest.
7. What is your favourite place in Hungary?
My wife is from Nagyréde. I really like it around the Mátra hills and, of course, Lake Balaton.
8. Which career other than your own would you love to pursue?
Something to do with sport. I would also like to help other athletes become better at their events.
9. Which job you would definitely never want to do?
Assembly-line work would not suit me.
10. Where did you spend your last holiday?
I spent my last holiday at BalaLand. It is an amazing place in Szántód.
11. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
Somewhere abroad. Maybe Italy.
12. What was your favourite band, film or hobby as a teen?
Star Wars was my favourite.
13. Apart from temptation, what can't you resist?
14. Red or white?
15. Book or film?
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.
16. Morning or night person?
I am very active in the mornings.
17. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
I wish I could help more kids to reach their full potential.
18. Buda or Pest?
19. Which achievement in your life are you most pleased about?
At 19, I was second best in the world in the 400 metre hurdles, and a few years later, I was NCAA champion in track and field.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
“The only impossible journey is the one you never begin" — Tony Robbins.