- 16 Jul 2020 10:22 AM
For the dough:
1 kg potatoes
300 g of flour
1 tablespoon semolina
1 teaspoon oil or fat
For the filling:
250 g pitted halved plums
plum pálinka (optional)
For the toasted breadcrumbs:
dry buns or brioche crumbs
15 dkg butter
1. Boil the peeled and diced potatoes until becoming soft, then filter them. Spread them out on a baking sheet, let the whole thing cool down a bit. While the potatoes are cooling, season the filling.
2. In a deep bowl, mix the plums with cinnamon and powdered sugar. At this step, we can also put pálinka on it if we want. Set aside, let it marinate until the dumplings are filled.
3. Rinse the potatoes to cool down then mash them - use a potato press if you have one on hand. Mix the potatoes with the rest of the ingredients and make a smooth dough out of it. Stretch the finished dough until it is 1cm thick then cut it into 5x5cm pieces.
4. Place the plums in the middle of the pieces and add a tablespoon of jam on top of the plums. Form the pieces into balls.
5. Bring a pot of water to boil and gently place the balls into the water. Cook until the dumplings float to the surface – not too many at once.
6. When done, roll the hot dumplings into the toasted breadcrumbs. Serve with thoroughly sprinkled, powdered sugar.