- 11 Jul 2023 11:32 AM
His walnut caramel with almond and walnut variations took first prize at the 25th annual ceremony held by the Hungarian Confectionery Association.
At this year’s event, contestants prepared their entries for the competition in front of a live audience, allowing consumers to get a better understanding of the secrets of ice-cream making.
Visitors were also entertained with music and culture presented by Komárom City Marketing and Tourism Nonprofit.
In all, 81 ice creams were entered in five categories. This year, there were no mandatory flavours, broadening everyone’s creative capability.
To celebrate Chocolate World Day, there was also a separate Chocolate category. Entries were judged by industry professionals and the general public.
A category – Confectioneries and artisanal ice cream parlours:
* Gold Medal & Winner of the ICE CREAM OF THE YEAR trophy: Walnut caramel with almond and walnut variations by János Somodi from the Florida Ice Cream Parlour, Balatonmáriafürdő
* Silver: Coffee chocolate with hazelnut by Dávid Wilheim from Da Crema Ice Cream Parlour, Nagykanizsa
* Bronze: Bana-nut by Jeno Vadócz from Promenade Café, Balatongyörök
M Free From category – Confectioneries and artisanal ice cream parlours producing sugar-free, gluten-free, lactose-free and dairy-free ice creams:
* Gold: Almond Garden by Roland Kovács from Krem Confectionery, Székesfehérvár
* Silver: Black Paw by Dávid Wilheim from Da Crema Ice Cream Parlour, Nagykanizsa
* Bronze: Plum Tree by Jeno Vadócz, Promenade Café, Balatongyörök
Chocolate category – Confectioneries, ice cream parlours, ingredient manufacturers and distributors:
* Gold: Savoury caramel pear by József Végh, Krem Confectionery, Székesfehérvár
* Silver: Black Lamb by Erika Toth, Black Sheep Café & Kitchen, Debrecen
* Bronze: Flemish Chocolate by Balázs Ipacs, FrieslandCampina Hungary, Budapest
C category – Ingredient manufacturers & distributors:
* Gold: Gundelek’s Favourite by Norbert Takács from m-Gel Hungary, Budapest
* Silver: Yoghurt mango lassi with lime and cardamom by Attila Rétfalvi, from MasterMartini Hungary, Budapest
* Bronze: Colombian coffee with Piedmont hazelnut by Attila Rétfalvi from MasterMartini Hungary, Budapest
C/M-Free From category: Ingredient manufacturers and distributors
* Gold: Pomáz VIP Pineapple by Norbert Takács from m-Gel Hungary, Budapest
* Silver: Free From mango with lemon verbena by Róbert Cseri from KEN Carpathia, Budapest
* Bronze: Fruit soup with oat dumplings by Tamás Andok from Nectar, Budaörs
Minty Cucumber by Attila Pálfi from Vitorlás Ice Cream Parlour, Balatonmáriafürdő
Special Award from Professional Associations:
Rákóczi cottage cheese with rosemary and baked apricot by Andrea Konczné Koncz from Sissi Artisan Ice Cream Parlour, Gödöllő
Special Award from the City of Komárom: Mango sorbet with beetroot foam and meringue variation by Péter Benkő from IREKS-STAMAG, Komárom
Special Award from the First Hungarian Round Table Knight Order: Yuzu-lime-kefir by Martin Braun, Budapest
Original source: turizmus.com
Photo: Cukrász Ipartestület
Words by Peterjon Cresswell for Xpatloop.com
Peterjon has been researching the byways of Budapest for 30 years, extending his expertise across Europe to produce guidebooks for Time Out and his own website liberoguide.com