- 24 Mar 2016 11:00 AM
Click here to read the first interview
I’m still working for Omnicom Media Group. 10 year anniversary approaching! Over the past few years, our main issue remains in identifying good people and when we do, keeping them. Opportunities abroad have increased and the millennials are quick to change their minds. Personally; kids are growing fast and we’re getting older!
2. On a scale of 1 to 10 how happy are you with your life in Hungary, and why?
7. Budapest is a great City to live in. Service is still a little hit and miss but we have been very happy here for 15 years. My daughter was also born here.
3. What’s the best party you’ve been to while in Hungary, and why?
My wife and I’s 40th birthday party and 10 year anniversary back in 2008 at the vineyard at Etyek. We also attended a friend of ours 50th recently. Two nights of celebration certainly took its toll!
4. What’s your favourite drink?
Red wine from Bordeaux.
5. What hidden talents do you have?
I can juggle, and there is another one which is best kept hidden.
6. What was the most interesting travel trip you have ever taken?
I do a cycle ride for charity every two years in support of Cancer Research. Intial ride was from Glasgow to London together with 3 friends and support van. The most recent, in June, was alone from Marseille to London, riding 9 hours a day, no support van and carrying everything with me. Some 1000 miles in 9 days. Next ride may well be Budapest to London in June 2017.
7. If you were given a wish that could come true, what would you ask for?
A cure for cancer.
8. What’s the last book you read, and movie you watched?
Tom Rob Smith, The Farm.
Film: Legend, on a plane. Gratuitous but fun.
9. If someone wrote a biography about you, what would the title be?
Boy, did he enjoy himself!
10. What is the perfect pizza toppings combination for you?
It has to be American, hot and spicy, with lots of chilli.
11. If you could trade places with any other person for a week, real or fictional, with whom would it be?
An astronaut on the ISS - only for a week though!
12. On a scale of 1 to 10 how unusual are you, and why?
6. No dramas. Figure it out and come up with a solution.
13. What’s the best website you’ve ever visited, and why?
BBC website. It covers all bases both internationally and locally. If you want to read about rugby in Aberdeen it’s definitely the site to visit!
14. Who do you admire the most, and why?
My wife, for putting up with me.
15. What do you like best and least about living in Hungary?
Best – the city itself. Least – still the service, which never seems to improve much.
16. What has made the biggest impact on your life so far, and why?
17. If you won USD 30 million, what would you do with the money?
I would give 2/3 away, and retire somewhere hot during the European winter, and stay in the UK in the summer.
18. If your life had a theme song, what would it be?
19. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
6 months in the south of Spain and 6 months in the UK.
20. In ten years from now what will you be doing?
Probably the same...