- 23 Oct 2018 6:00 AM
1. What surprised you most when you first came to live in Pattaya?
That Pattaya is a City with a beach destination. The area in and around it is very large, and is still growing. If you go outside the City you can find many top quality Golf Courses, Family/Adventure Parks, a great Water Park, temples, a floating market, even a winery, and much more. It’s a destination for everyone!
2. Friends are in town for just a few days - what must they absolutely see
A boat trip to Koh Lan island is a must! The floating market, Nong Nuch Garden (Royal botanic Garden), and a sunset walk by Pattaya Beach Road. A visit on one of the many Seafood restaurants in Na Jomtien is one of my personal favourites!
3. What is your favourite Thai food / word?
There so many fantastic dishes. Tom Yam Goong is my favorite soup, Moo Ping (pork on a stick), sticky rice and Nam Jim Jew (spicy sauce) with Som Tum salad (Papaya salad) is one of the best value for money meals in the world if you ask me!
4. What do you miss most from home?
Family, friends...and my Swedish football team Malmö FF. Luckily they qualify to play in Europe almost every year, so it easy to follow them on TV, but the atmosphere at Malmö Stadium is world class and so I miss that!
5. What is the secret of your success?
I've always had a great passion for what I do, and I'm a good example that you can work your way up the positions to the top. I have been with the Centara Family for 13 years, and had the opportunity to manage six hotels so far for them so far. It is wonderful to see the development and growth in different locations, and connection made with people I have worked with, all like a big family.
6. What career other than yours would you also love to pursue?
A Stand-Up Comedian, as I love to entertain.
7. Where did you spend your last vacation?
In my hometown of Malmö in Sweden with my Fiancé (now wife), we also visited Amsterdam for a weekend.
8. Where is your dream holiday destination?
9. What would you say is your personal motto?
Changes gives opportunities.
10. When you dine in a restaurant, what else do you look at besides the
Service, presentation of food, hygiene, design of the place, and if they have any signature dishes. I love to experience new places.
11. What are the most challenging issues you are facing in your current job?
We have many brands within Centara Hotels & Resorts, many ’one of a kind’ 5 star hotels. Such as Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort, one of flag ship properties in Pattaya - the first and unique hotel with the Lost World theme concept. It has a huge water park, on the beach, nine restaurants, club lounges, kid clubs...
Sometimes we have guest who has stayed in a Centara Grand and then comes to our 3 and 4 star hotels with same expectations, managing their stay experience is a definitely challenge for us. Because one of Centara’s main strengths is in offering wonderful family experience. We are very committed to service excellence, so the question is how to deliver it in the environment of 3-4 start hotels at our best.
12. What is the best compliment you've ever received?
"We will only stay wherever you work” (said my mama...hehehe)
13. When you must choose, do you do the things right, or do you do the right things?
The right things.
14. At work what puts a smile on your face?
Happy guests, happy colleagues, and a high GOP!
Escape To Thailand For Bargain Boutique Luxury At Centara Nova Hotel & Spa