20% of Hospital Beds Saved for Covid Patients

  • 20 May 2021 9:28 AM
  • Hungary Around the Clock
20% of Hospital Beds Saved for Covid Patients
Human Resources Minister Miklós Kásler announced the next steps of the restart of healthcare on his Facebook page.

According to this, 80% of all state-funded hospital beds can now be returned to non-Covid patient care, leaving 20% to be set aside for the care of coronavirus patients.

Kásler also said that the working hours of health staff involved in coronavirus inpatient facility should be organised so that they can take holidays.

  • How does this content make you feel?

XpatLoop Media Partner

Hungary Around the Clock

Since 1995 Hungary Around the Clock has proven to be one of the most comprehensive sources of daily English-language news about Hungary. It covers ongoing domestic politics and foreign relations, as well as business and economic matters. For a free trial of HATC visit www.hatc.hu and click on 'Free Trial Subscription’.

Explore More Reports

  • 14 More Cases of Delta Variant Confirmed, Says Gulyás

    14 More Cases of Delta Variant Confirmed, Says Gulyás

    • 23 Jul 2021 8:33 AM

    Gergely Gulyás, the prime minister’s chief of staff, told a regular press briefing that tests by the National Public Health Centre (NNK) have identified the presence of the Delta variant of the coronavirus in 14 new cases and the Gamma variant in one new case.

  • Hungary Pledges Further Aid to Diabetics

    Hungary Pledges Further Aid to Diabetics

    • 20 Jul 2021 9:15 AM

    The government will make a new type of insulin pump available for people with type 1 diabetes from next month, under a Monday decision by the body in charge of restarting community life after the coronavirus pandemic.

  • Mandatory Covid Vaccination For Health Workers Welcomed by Medical Chamber

    Mandatory Covid Vaccination For Health Workers Welcomed by Medical Chamber

    • 19 Jul 2021 9:36 AM

    ​​​​​​​The Hungarian Medical Chamber (MOK) has welcomed a Friday announcement by Prime Minister Viktor Orbán that coronavirus vaccination would be made mandatory for health-care staff. “At present this measure could ensure protection to both patients and staff,” MOK said on its website.

  • Hungary First In Europe To Give Green Light To Booster Jabs

    Hungary First In Europe To Give Green Light To Booster Jabs

    • 19 Jul 2021 9:31 AM

    Hungary is the first country in Europe to give the go-ahead to inoculating its population with a third, booster jab against the coronavirus free of charge, on a voluntary basis, a state secretary of the Prime Minister’s Office told public media on Sunday.