- 6 Apr 2022 11:34 AM
Born in Szigliget, he was heavily influenced by his father, who was a cellar master in the local Esterházy cellar. His wines combine sustainable farming methods with modern and traditional oenological practices.
Click here to virtually visit his Wine Estate
1. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Szigliget and the surrounding area is etched into my heart.
2. If you could be an expat anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
Tuscany or Provance.
3. What would you miss most if you moved away from Hungary?
The way the sun goes down over the Keszthelyi basin.
4. Friends are in the Badacsony wine region for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Watch the shadows and the sunlight change colour from Mount Saint George with a glass of wine.
5. What is your favourite food?
Halászlé, the Hungarian fish soup.
6. What is your favourite sport / form of exercise?
7. What is your favourite place in Hungary?
8. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
To be honest, I can’t really imagine a life without making wine. So probably a sommelier?
9. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
I love being outdoor all day, so any job that would force me indoors would be very hard to get used to.
10. Where did you spend your last vacation?
11. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
I go to the same island in Croatia every year and completely switch off my phone. It’s paradise.
12. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Listening to Illés.
13. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
14. Red wine or white?
White. Preferably olaszrizling.
15. Book or movie?
16. Morning person or night person?
17. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
18. Buda or Pest side?
19. Which achievement in your life are you most pleased about?
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
It’s not a motto, more like a mission. I want to capture in a bottle the feeling of waking up in the early hours of the morning on a summer day and looking out at the vineyard and Balaton in the distance.