- 19 Sep 2018 7:06 AM
Stefano has lived in Hungary since 1991, he is father of Roberto and Clarissa, speaks almost fluent Hungarian in addition to his mother tongue Italian.
He also speaks English and some Spanish.
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
In 1991 because I started a huge project for United Colors of Benetton across the CEE territory.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
Yes, I had experience with De Longhi (Italian company) in USA in 1983 and I worked for them for 8 months.
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
The strong development from both the economic and social point of view.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Visit a very relaxed thermal bath, see the beautiful city plus eat and drink the fantastic hungarian products.
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
Hungarian “Pörkölt” “Lecsó” and “Rakott krumpli".
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
8. What do you miss the most from home?
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
Mine is enough. During my career I achieved great results as an entrepreneur and sport manager. Now I would like to surpass my previous achievements.
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
Work in a mine.
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
12. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
13. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Band: Dire Straits. Film: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Hobby: Fishing.
14. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
15. Red wine or white?
16. Book or movie?
17. Morning person or night person?
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
To solve as soon as possible the immigration problem in the right way keeping our culture and European identity.
19. Buda side or Pest side?
Live in Buda, work in Pest.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Aim for the moon.. no matter what, at least you've walked amongst the stars.