- 10 Feb 2021 12:09 PM
Exactly 13 years ago she started her entrepreneurship by establishing a Translation Agency: Pentalingua (Fifth language). Pentalingua expands its wings abroad, with a filiae in Ireland and soon in Poland which makes her proud.
She is married, with 2 children and a dogand says 'Life is great'.
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
I arrived to Hungary as a 6 years old - my mother is Hungarian and she decided for us two to continue our lives with here family, in Szeged.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
Yes, I have lived in Italy and in Ireland - best years ever.
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
Tastes, hot summers, paprika everywhere (food, on walls, gardens).
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Definitely there are some don’t you ever miss it when being in Budapest: Rudas spa with panoramic view on the city, long walk up to Gellért hill, nice bars to sip some spritz (wine and sparkling water) walk along the Danube starting from Bálna up to the Chain Bridge or further and of course night life (absolutely must do)
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
Lecsó (paprika, tomatoes, onion - with bacon or sausages but I prefer with egg. This is a real summer food: fresh, tasty and not as heavy as Goulash.
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
Cheese and sparkling wine or champagne.
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
Szerelem - Love.
8. What do you miss most from home?
Polish diaries from Poland and Lemon Custard from England.
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
Champagne or wine sommelier
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
There are many, such as customer service assistant, coroner, nursery care giver.
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
Spain and Croatia
12. Where do you hope to spend your next holiday?
Canary Islands (Spain)
13. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
A glass of champagne.
14. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Favourite band: Queen - I spent hours trying to sing as Freddie and learned all lyrics from the text book given to CDs back in that times I was young, I would opt for Fiddler on the roof (I know… I know it sounds strange, still that was my favourite film)
15. Red wine or white?
Definitely red, but during summers I love to sip dra white wines too.
16. Book or movie?
17. Morning person or night person?
Nowadays I have become more a morning person...but there were years when I was a night person.
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
To end children starvation. I am an active supporter of UNICEF since years.
19. Buda or Pest side?
Buda. Love the narrow, curvy streets and old stand alone villas.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Breakthru - I am a person who never says never and goes through walls, if a case or issue is important to me and the motto would be: Never say never.