- 11 May 2023 4:32 PM
"At the moment we work with 7 hectars of first class vineyard, where we use different methods of crop management, and pay special attention to achieve the best raw material for our wine. Two-thirds of our grapes are white, the rest is blue grapes," Ádám adds.
So you know, the combination of grapes are Olaszrizling, Pinot Gris, Muscat Lunel, Zenit, Merlot, Kékfrankos and Cabernet Franc.
Ádám continues, "Our wines are best described as fresh and fruity, thanks to the reductive technology that we use. In outstanding vintages we also make late harvest or bottle-aged wines in wooden barrels".
"Our goal is to assure, that we make the finest wines in our winery, which would qualify as remarkable by the demanding wine consumers of Hungary," he concludes.
1. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Gyöngyös, but I also spent some time in Győr and Felcsút regarding my studies.
2. If you could be an expat anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
I've been thinking a lot about it lately, because my current studies are coming to an end. Italy is the first country which comes to my mind, I think I could learn a lot there about the process of making wine.
3. What would you miss most if you moved away from Hungary?
Definitely my family and friends, maybe the cuisine.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Well, my personal favourite spot is the Vajdahunyad Castle at night, so I'd recommend that, but there are far better sights for first-timers. Buda Castle, Heroes' Square and the Parliament are a must in my opinion.
5. What is your favourite food?
Generally I don't eat much meat, so I think I will stick with Túrós csusza (Pasta with sour cream and cottage cheese).
6. What is your favourite sport / form of exercise?
I've been playing football for 15 years, but I also like running.
7. What is your favourite place in Hungary?
Gödöllő, that's where I spend most of my time nowadays.
8. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
If I wouldn't have studied agricultural engineering, then I had gone to chemical engineering at the University of Debrecen.
9. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
Anything which would involve explaining something to others or presentations, I'm really bad at doing those.
10. Where did you spend your last vacation?
I was in Bulgaria with my friends, lately I picked up snowboarding and I've never been there before. It was quite good.
11. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
I haven't planned it yet, but I think somewhere in Europe.
12. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
If it comes to movies, then Quentin Tarantino movies in general, maybe Pulp Fiction. I don't listen to music much, but I always liked blink-182.
13. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
Coffee, no matter what the time is, if offered, I can't say no.
14. Red wine or white?
Depends on the situation, but if I were to choose one, then white.
15. Book or movie?
It's a shame I know, but it is rare that I hold a book in my hand.
16. Morning person or night person?
17. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
To be honest, I don't feel old enough to have a valid point here.
18. Buda or Pest side?
Pest, but only because it is closer to Gyöngyös.
19. Which achievement in your life are you most pleased about?
I try to avoid these moments, if I accomplish something I rather instantly look for something new.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
I didn't commit to just one yet ;)
Click here to virtually visit Ludányi Pince