Fully Booked: Xpat Charity Party: Bonfire Night Celebration, Marriott, 5 November
- 22 Sep 2022 2:29 PM
Come together for fun and fundraising at this popular Bonfire Night Party, which supports local children's charities + this year helps Food Bank Aid, and celebrates XpatLoop's 22nd birthday.
There'll be a virtual bonfire + fireworks, party tunes + dancing, lots of refreshments + prizes!
Main sponsor is again FirstMed - Check out the video below to see what happened last time.
Tickets Are Now Available Online - SOLD OUT
* Limited number of places available, grab yours now to avoid missing out.
* See details about ticket types below / Click here to reserve your ticket(s).
* Age: 18+
* Dress: Smart Casual - Guests can dress up for the occasion is they wish.
* Location: Budapest Ballroom, Marriott Hotel, 1052 Budapest, Apáczai Csere János u. 4.
* Live pop, soul and funky tunes in the welcome room by Fruzsi & Badman.
* Deluxe Light Show performed by ElmoStix.
* Virtual Bonfire & Fireworks display by Special Effects International.
* Live Fire Show on the Ballroom Terrace by Susana-Show.
* Bonfire Night Rhyme performance by MC 'Guy Fawkes'.
* Try your hand at a 'Wine Mafia Game' by Bortodoor City
- blind taste fine wines for a chance to win fun prizes.
* Roulette + Blackjack for fun (not money)
- win small gifts from Las Vegas Casino.
* Pop, rock, & dance hits from DJ Woods.
International Buffet Includes
* Chinese delights by Wan Hao,
* Authentic Italian treats by Trattoria Toscana,
* Mexican Salsa & Fresh Chips by Arriba Taqueria,
* Marinated Atlantic Salmon & Raven Salad by White Raven Skybar & Lounge,
* Mini-Burgers, Hasselback Potatoes & Coleslaw by Marriott Budapest,
* Chicken Tikka Masala, Indian Vegetarian Dish, Pilau Rice by Mr Masala,
* 5-Star Lebanese Cuisine Fresh from the Grill by ARZ Restaurant,
* Handmade Pizza + more Grill Treats by Hillbilly Smokin' Society,
* Freshly Grilled Halloumi Style Cheese variations from Hajdúsajt,
* British style canapes, inc. Sausage Rolls, Scotch Eggs & more by Bob's Kitchen,
* French salad, Caesar salad, Chicken salad, Couscous & eggplant salad w/ humus,
Couscous & olives salad w/ pepper humus, Tea Cakes, Cocoa cream snacks from Tesco,
* Vegan Cream Soups with fresh coriander & coconut yogurt chutney + Garlic Naan 'chips' Masala hummus & Carrot sticks Mini sweet potato tikki burgers + Curried spicy nutmix from Good Karma
* A selection of Artisanal Donuts made fresh by Cream Donuts,
* XpatLoop Birthday Cake by Cloud9 IceCream Desserts.
Free-Flowing Drinks Include
* Aperol Spritz welcome drinks by Dunapro,
* Craft Beer plus Jell-O Shots from Ruin Brew,
* Single-Malt Whisky tasting by GoodSpirit Bar,
* Special Unicum Cocktail Bar by Zwack,
* Fruity Pálinka tasting bar by Markhazi,
* Range of Coca-Cola soft drink products,
* Coffee from DeLonghi Hungary,
* Water by NaturAqua.
* Fine wine tasting by Borbély Family Winery from Badacsony, Dúzsi Tamás Winery from Szekszárd, Hilltop from Neszmély, Koch Winery from Hajós-Bajai & Villányi Wine Region, Liszkay Borkúria from Monoszló, Polgár Family Winery from Villány, Spiegelberg Artisan Winery from Somló, Szeremley Wine House from Badacsony.
Free day pass to the Fitness & Health Club by Marriott Budapest (value HUF 4.500)
* Fully equipped gym for training, plus sauna, steam bath + jacuzzi for relaxation.
HUF 50,000 Voucher for Dr. Rose Private Hospital
* Redeemable for services over HUF 150,000 - naturally T&C's apply.
Fully Booked RESERVE YOUR TICKET(S) / TABLE NOW VIA THIS LINK
* Limited number of places, so it's best to get yours now.
1. Sold Out: Normal Tickets - HUF 15,000 per person,
2. Sold Out: Gala Table for 10 people - HUF 150.000 per table - SOLD OUT
+ free bottle of Unicum Riserva on every gala table reserved in advance.
3. Sold Out: On The Spot Tickets - HUF 20.000 per person
- Limited number available, payable upon arrival
- Click here to enquire in advance via email.
4. Sold Out: Philanthropist Ticket - HUF 30.000 per person
In case you feel you like contributing more you can purchase this type of ticket
- you will make an extra donation to charity as well as gaining entry to this event.
Guests of Honour
You! Together with:
* H.E. Andrew Davidson, Deputy Head of Mission, British Embassy Budapest,
* H.E. Ronan Gargan, Irish Ambassador To Hungary (Kosovo & Montenergro),
* H.E. Désirée Bonis, Ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherlands,
* H.E. Mohamed El Shinawy, Ambassador of Egypt to Hungary,
* H.E. Mr. Masato Otaka, Ambassador of Japan to Hungary,
* Duncan Graham, Chairman, British Chamber of Commerce
“As a Brit and as ambassador, I am proud that XpatLoop.com has held celebrations for Bonfire Night for over a decade. Not only have they been some of the best parties in town, but also events that have raised incredible amounts of funds for a number of worthy causes.”
- Paul Fox, UK Ambassador (who sadly is unable to attend this year as he will be in London).
* By joining in this relaxed + worthwhile community event you can socialise + network with expats + cosmopolitan locals from Hungary’s business + diplomatic + cultural circles.
Platinum: B+N Referencia
Gold: Budapest British International School
Silver: Britannica International School, Budapest, Jaguar Land Rover, Samsung, The British International School Budapest
Bronze: REAL School, Greenwill
Venue: Budapest Marriott Hotel
Audiovisual: Special Effects International
* Please consider sponsoring this event, for which there are various packages suiting different sizes of company and budgets.
Get great PR for your company within an exclusive setting at this popular social networking event for expats and high level locals.
Click here to arrange a discussion about which sponsorship package suits your company best.
MC + Charity Auctions
* The "Deep, Smooth, & Wise" Master of Ceremonies Hans Peterson will guide proceedings all evening, including hosting a Live Auction and announcing the winners of a Silent Auction,
* All auction proceeds go to support local charities helping Hungarian children in need - see below for more info.
Live Auction Prizes
1. Irish Whiskey pack thanks to Embassy of Ireland to Hungary (total value HUF 38,000):
Jameson Triple Distilled Irish Whiskey (value HUF 8,000), Jameson Crested Irish Whiskey
(value HUF 15,000); and Jameson Black Barrel Irish Whiskey (value HUF 15,000).
2. One Year Premium Health Plan from FirstMed (value HUF 200,000),
3. Smart Watch Samsung Galaxy Watch5 Pro (value HUF 210.000+),
4. One night stay in an Executive Suite at Budapest Marriott (value HUF 215,000),
5. 'Komplex Health Screening' from Dr. Rose Private Hospital (value HUF 290,000),
6. Promo Video production in English by Infinitum Films (value HUF 420,000)
- Short video about yourself or your company created for marketing purposes.
7. “Bowie in Alexander McQueen” from Gallery Privé (value: HUF 815,000)
- Original Artist Proof signed & verified, on Giclee fine paper containing a hologram.
Silent Auction Prizes Include
* 1 night stay for 2 at a One Bedroom Suite including breakfast + a dinner for 2 at
Matild Café & Cabaret, by Matild Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Budapest (approx value HUF 800,000)
* MINDiet Rapid: 3 month in-person lifestyle development workshop to stay at peak health ( value HUF 457.200),
* 2 flight tickets on the BUD Dubai BUD route in economy class by flydubai (value HUF 360,000)
This value also includes all airport taxes, which does not need to be paid later.
* 1 night for two in the Anantara New York Palace including breakfast (value HUF 298,000),
* 'Komplex Health Screening' from Dr. Rose Private Hospital (value HUF 290,000),
* Deluxe Suite at Corinthia Budapest for 1 night with Breakfast + Access to the Royal Spa (value: HUF 250,000),
* Dinner vouchers by Byblos Lebanese Restaurant, run by Chef Osama Kutaini (value: HUF 120,000)
* 'The Journey' Degustation Menu with wine or beverage pairing for two persons from Uncensored Restaurant (value HUF 150,000),
* Half Board Stay for 2 inc Wellness Facilities @ Thermal Hotel Visegrád (value HUF 150,000+)
* Contemporary or Cosmopolitan Degustation Menu with wine pairing for two persons from Caviar & Bull Restaurant (value HUF 150,000),
* Pleasure Flight for two people over Budapest & Danube Bend for 30 minutes thanks to Anna & Béla Jankovich (value HUF 140,000+),
- starting from Budaörs airfield, fly over Gellert Hill, Erzsébet Kilátás, Margit Bridge in Budapest,
then follow the Danube to see Visegrád and Esztergom, back over the Pilis hills to Budaörs.
* Relaxing couple's getaway with a his & hers massage at Catherine's Vineyard for 2 nights (value HUF 138,000),
* 7-course meal with wine pairing for 2 at Costes Downtown (value HUF 135.000),
* 'Darwin Voyage of Discovery' Framed Silk Screen Print - 50x70cm - by Alice Pattullo (value HUF 100,000+) from Brody House Collection,
* Half-board stay Hotel Visedgrád for two (3 days, 2 night) + 1 dinner at Renaissance Restaurant (value: HUF 120.000),
* 6 months membership to Nr1 Fitness Hungary (value: HUF 62,000),
* Dinner for two in the New York Café (value HUF 51,000),
* Sunday Brunch for 2 at The Ritz-Carlton, Budapest (value HUF 45,000),
* Framed Risograph Print - 50x35 - by Marine Laurant (value HUF 40,000+) from Brody House Collection,
* Vouchers by GoodSpirit Whisky & Cocktail Bar (value HUF 30,000)
* Corvinus Breakfast for 2 in The Living Room by Kempinski Hotel (value HUF 27,000),
* Dinner Voucher for TGI Friday's (value HUF 25.000),
* Dinner Voucher for Planet Sushi (value HUF 25.000),
* Kékfrankos Magnum (1.5 liter) signed by winemaker Sándor Mérész by Etyeki Kúria (value HUF 25.000+)
* Aszú 5 Puttonyos 2010 by Tokaj-Hétszőlő (value HUF 17.000),
* 2 tickets to Waltraud Meier and Samuel Hasselhorn’s song recital on 20th November at the newly re-opened and renewed Opera House (value HUF 60,000)
Together We're All Helping Hungarian Children's Charities
Magic Lamp Wish Granting Foundation (Csodalampa): helps 3-18 year old children suffering from a life-threatening illnesses. Gabor Patzauer, Founder & President of Csodalampa, "Our team is greatly honoured that its mission of granting 260-300 wishes per year for very ill children is supported by XpatLoop.com readers, thank you!"
Young People in Need (Rászoruló Fiatalok) Non-Profit Organisation: focuses on solutions to emotional abuse of Hungarian children up to the age of 18, this non-profit also supports other local charities helping children in need.T
The Autistic Art Foundation (Autistic Art Alapítvány): conducts research to help spread autism awareness, ensures housing facilities and care for people with autism, and organises an art program for the youth who live in these housing facilities in Hungary.
Raffle Prizes Include
HUF 30,000 Voucher for Tokio Restaurant from Clark & White, Meal for 2 at Becketts Pub,
2 Shirt Vouchers from Stan Ahuja Tailors, MINDiet Primary: in-person health and behaviour screening session (value HUF 80.010), Meal for 2 at Gaby's, and many more!
* Raffle tickets cost HUF 2000 each & you could take home any of these goodies,
* All raffle proceeds go to support Food Bank Aid for Ukrainian Refugees in Budapest.
* Charity raffle arranged & presented exclusively by Chris Clarke and Nikki Truesdale.
6-6.30pm Registration, 6-7pm Welcome drinks, live music & canapes, 7pm Ballroom Opens, 7.15pm VIP Address, 7.30-8.30pm Buffet, 8.30-9pm Light Show & Auction, 9-10pm Music & Dancing, 10pm Silent Auction Results + Raffle Draw, 10.15pm DJ + More Dancing, Carriages at 1am.
The virtual bonfire & fireworks display film at this event are in keeping with the British tradition of Bonfire Night, AKA Guy Fawkes Night, which is held annually in the UK to mark the anniversary of a plot to blow up the Houses of Parliament in London in 1605.
Photos & Video
Thanks to Árpád Bakcsy, Marco Novkov, Marcus Schirrmacher, Party Booth / ConnallCharltonFilms.com - see below for a vid from 2021.
* Still and moving pictures will be taken at this community event and by participating in this event guests consent to these images being taken and published by the organisers and related partners e.g, photographers for reference purposes.
* The organisers reserve the right to change the program timing and content if necessary.
British Embassy, Budapest Business Journal, City Taxi, Funcode,hu, Simple Pay, flowerMe, Prohuman, S3 Europe, Anikó Woods, Emőke Lőrinc.
See What Happened @ XpatLoop's Charity Event in: 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015,
2014, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002
LATEST NEWS IN specials