- 28 Sep 2023 12:23 PM
* Come for fun + fundraising at the annual Bonfire Night Event to celebrate Bond's 70th birthday + XpatLoop's 23rd anniversary + support local charities like Csodalámpa + Food Bank Aid.
* There'll be a virtual bonfire + fireworks, live music + dancing, lots of refreshments + prizes!
Sponsors inc B+N, FirstMed + Samsung again - video below shows what happened last time.
* By joining in this relaxed + worthwhile community event you can socialise + network with expats + cosmopolitan locals from Hungary’s business + diplomatic + cultural circles.
Guests of Honour
* Matthew Kirlew, Head of Policy, British Embassy Budapest
* Ragnar Almqvist, Irish Ambassador to Hungary
* Masato Otaka, Ambassador of Japan to Hungary
* Mohamed El Shinawy Ambassador of Egypt to Hungary
* Jorge Roza de Oliveira, Ambassador of Portugal to Hungary
* Désirée Bonis, Ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
* Duncan Graham, Chairman, The British Chamber of Commerce
“As a Brit and as ambassador, I am proud that XpatLoop.com has held celebrations for Bonfire Night for over a decade. Not only have they been some of the best parties in town, but also events that have raised incredible amounts of funds for a number of worthy causes.”
- Paul Fox, UK Ambassador to Hungary – although he planned to attend again this year because of family reasons he had to travel to London so unfortunately he will not be able to join us in 2023.
Tickets Are Now Available Online
* Limited number of places available, grab yours now to avoid missing out.
* Click here to reserve your ticket(s) - more details below, inc about Welcome Gifts.
* Live pop, soul and funky tunes in the welcome room by Fruzsi & Badman.
* Virtual Bonfire & Fireworks display by Special Effects.
+ Bonfire Night Rhyme performance by MC 'Guy Fawkes'.
* Deluxe Light Show by ‘Eleven Light Dance’ Ladies - there are 4 of them ;)
* Mega party group Just Show Band will play a few 007 theme tunes during dinner
+ Later in the eve this globetrotting band will get guests dancing to party classics.
* You can try a 'Wine Mafia Game' offered by Bortodoor City.
+ Blind taste fine wines for a chance to win fun prizes.
* Casino Royale: Play Roulette + Blackjack for fun (not money)
+ Win small gifts from Las Vegas Casino.
* Adele’s 007 theme song "Skyfall" performed by Valerie Divine thanks to Ruin Brew.
* To top it all off DJ Woods will spin pop, rock, & dance hits.
International Snack Buffet
* Chinese Delights by Wan Hao
* Chicken Waffle Canapés by Ruin Brew
* Irish Style Canapes by James Joyce Budapest
* Luxury Local Pogácsa Varieties by A Házipék:
Gouda, Truffle, Italian green pesto, Mangalica tepertő,
* Pork & Shrimp Fried Dumplings, Meat and Veggie Spring rolls, Massaman Chicken Curry, Thai Green Veggie Curry, Opium Style Fried Black Wild Rice by Opium Restaurant
* Lamb with rice topped with fried nuts, plus Hummus, Muhammara and Baba Ghannouj from Leila’s Authentic Lebanese Cuisine
* Hot Dogs with crispy onions / sour cabbage / pickled cucumber & French fries by Marriott Budapest
* Chicken Tikka Masala, Indian Vegetarian Dish: Daal Maharani - black lentils, Pilau Rice with vegetables by Indigo Restaurant
* Handmade Pizza, Pulled Pork, Chicken Skewers by Hillbilly Smokin' Society
* Freshly Grilled Halloumi Style Cheese variations from Hajdúsajt
* Vegan Version of Hortobágy pancakes + Vegan Sushi from Vegan Garden
* French salad, Caesar salad, Chicken salad, Couscous & Humus Salad w/ Bulgur and olives salad with humus, Tea Cakes, Cocoa milky cream snacks from Tesco
* Ice Cream Treats and a Special Birthday Cake by Cloud9 IceCream Desserts
* 'Guilt-Free Sweets' by Zsolnay Café in Radisson Blu Beke Hotel
* Pancakes with jam, cinnamon and cocoa fillings by Gundel School
* British Style Party Snacks from Kifli.hu
* Plum Jam Pastries from Jókenyér
* Sweet and salty snacks from Fornetti
* Sparkling Welcome Drink by Count Degenfeld Winery,
* Single-Malt Whisky Tasting + G&T's by GoodSpirit Bar,
* Draft Craft Beer + 'Jell-O Shots' from Ruin Brew,
* Cider + Draft IPA from James Joyce Pub,
* Fruity Local Pálinka from Markhazi,
* Range of Coca-Cola Soft Drinks,
* Coffee from DeLonghi,
* Water by NaturAqua.
Fine Wine Tasting
Poured personally by Bock Cellar Team from Villány, Tamás Dúzsi Winery from Szekszárd, Gróf Degenfeld Winery from Mád / Tarcal, Gilvesy Winery from Szent György Hill near Balaton, Hilltop from Neszmély, Jammertal Wine Estate from Villány, Koch Winery from Hajós-Bajai & Villányi, Pajzos from Tokaj, Polgár Family Winery from Villány, TóthBorbirtok from Pannonhalma, Spiegelberg Artisan Winery from Somló, and Szeremley Wine House from Badacsony.
* Smart Casual - Guests are invited to dress up for the occasion if they wish...
* As it's the 70th birthday of 007 - Ian Fleming introduced James Bond to the world in 1953 - guests can dress like a character from a 007 movie. Come as the man himself, or as a Bond baddie like Blofeld or as a Bond babe. A prize will be awarded for the best costume.
* As guests arrive there'll be a Red Carpet Photo Wall to receive a complementary printed picture courtesy of Party Booth showing how glamourous guests look at the start of the event.
Main: B+N Referencia
Venue: Budapest Marriott Hotel
Audiovisual: Special Effects International
* Please consider sponsoring this event - there are various packages to suit different sizes of company and budgets.
Get great PR for your company within an exclusive setting at this popular social networking event for expats and high-level locals.
Click here to arrange a discussion about which sponsorship package suits you.
Welcome Gifts Include
* Free Day Pass Voucher to the Fitness & Health Club by Marriott Budapest (value HUF 4.500). Fully equipped gym for training, plus sauna, steam bath + jacuzzi for relaxation.
* HUF 20.000 Voucher for Las Vegas Casino Tropicana in Budapest which can be used to play on Slot Machines.
* HUF 50,000 Voucher for Dr. Rose Private Hospital. Redeemable for services over HUF 150,000 - naturally T&C's apply to ythis and to all welcome gift vouchers.
RESERVE YOUR TICKET(S) / TABLE NOW VIA THIS LINK
1. Early-Bird Cocktail Table Ticket: HUF 15,000 - SOLD OUT
Early-bird special for limited time, first come first served.
Standing place suited to people who like to mix and mingle.
Ticket Price Includes Simple Pay Booking Fee & All Related Taxes.
2. Gala Table Ticket: HUF 18,500 per person
Price Includes Simple Pay Booking Fee & All Related Taxes.
3. Gala Table Reservation for 10 persons: HUF 180,000 - SOLD OUT
Price Includes Simple Pay Booking Fee & All Related Taxes.
4. On The Spot Gala Table Tickets: HUF 30,000 per person
- NO LONGER AVAILABLE DUE TO HIGH DEMAND
5. VIP Philanthropist Ticket: HUF 45,000 per person
Limited number available on a VIP Gala Table by the stage.
Price Includes Simple Pay Booking Fee & All Related Taxes.
Limited number of places available at this popular event -
it's best to reserve your ticket(s) now to avoid missing out.
MC's + Charity Auctions
* As always the "Deep, Smooth, & Wise" Master of Ceremonies Hans Peterson will guide proceedings all evening with TV star Zsuzsa Demcsák.
* The dynamic duo will host a Live Auction and announce the winners of a Silent Auction. All auction proceeds go to support local charities helping Hungarian children, see below for more.
Live Auction Prizes
* Test Drive a DBX707 - the world's most powerful luxury SUV - plus a special Aston Martin Vantage matchbox car F1 edition signed by Fernando Alonso from Aston Martin Budapest (Value: Priceless!)
* Over Night Stay for 2 people in the Presidential Suite including breakfast, at the new 5* Dorothea Hotel, Budapest, Autograph Collection with the city at your feet (Value: HUF 3 Million)
* ‘Komplex Health Screening' from Dr. Rose Private Hospital (Value: HUF 350.000)
* VIP Package from Budapest Airport - Departures & Arrivals bud:vip services for two persons (Value HUF 340.000)
* 1 Night Stay for 2 People at the Platan Manor with 12-course Tasting Menu + Wine pairing in the 2 Michelin starred Platan Gourmet restaurant (Value: HUF 320.000)
* 1 Year Premium Health Plan from FirstMed + bottle of fine wine (Value: HUF 260,000)
* Suhanj Fitness Center voucher for fitness classes, PT sessions, a personalized workout or running plan, Biotech body analysis, or massage therapy sponsored by HELPERS Hungary (Value: HUF 50,000)
Silent Auction Prizes
* 1 night stay for two guests in a One Bedroom Suite including breakfast and a dinner for two at Spago Budapest by Wolfgang Puck by Matild Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Budapest (Value HUF 800.000)
* 1 Night Stay in a Danube River Suite with breakfast + with Dinner at Láng restaurant all for 2 people by Hilton Budapest (Value: HUF 384.000)
* 1 Night Stay for 2 people in a Wonderful Room with breakfast + AWAY Spa 50-min massage of choice + access to the Spa and FIT facilities by W Hotel Budapest (Value: HUF 305.000)
* 2 night stay for 2 people with breakfast and access to the Secret Garden Day Spa at Mystery Hotel Budapest (Value HUF 300.000),
* 1 night stay for 2 people with breakfast at Anantara New York Palace Budapest Hotel (Value HUF 298,000)
* 1 night stay for 2 in one of Catherine's Cottages with private pool, a mini breakfast basket and two massages (Value HUF 294.000)
* Deluxe Suite at Corinthia Budapest for 1 night with Breakfast + Access to the Royal Spa (value: HUF 250,000),
* 2 night stay for 2 people on half-board basis including wellness access at Thermál Hotel Visegrád (Value HUF 162.000)
* 2 Night Stay for max 2 people at Brody House including breakfast (Value HUF 150,000)
* 2 night stay for 2 people by Hotel Visegrád (Value HUF 150.000)
* Health Maintenance Exam from FirstMed + wine (Value: HUF 144,000)
* Custom-made Sweater in Wool / Cashmere from Milán Kelecsényi - the new men’s clothing label to watch in Budapest (Value: HUF 120,000)
* 4 box tickets for Piotr Beczala’s concert in the Opera house on Sunday 26 November (Value: HUF 92.400)
* Sunday Brunch voucher for 4 people by Marriott Hotel (Value: HUF 82.000)
* Voucher for 2 people from Planet Sushi Restaurant (Value HUF 30.000)
* Afternoon Tea voucher for 2 by Marriott Hotel (Value: HUF 26.000)
* 2 Vouchers by Indigo Restaurant in Budapest (Value HUF 25.000/ voucher)
* 2 x Cocktail Voucher for Blue Fox The Bar by Kempinski (Value HUF 12.000 / voucher)
Also this year as an extra fundraising element the event will feature an exciting Art Auction.
Presented by award-winning actress Kata Domján it will showcase work from local artists.
Featuring: Dorottya Banki, Mária Gyurics, Krisztina Major + Bernard B. Fekete.
Together We're All Helping Hungarian Charities
Magic Lamp Wish Granting Foundation (Csodalámpa): helps 3-18 year old children suffering from a life-threatening illnesses. Gabor Patzauer, Founder & President of Csodalampa, "Our team is greatly honoured that its mission of granting 260-300 wishes per year for very ill children is supported by XpatLoop.com readers, thank you!"
Young People in Need (Rászoruló Fiatalok) Non-Profit Organisation: focuses on solutions to the emotional abuse of Hungarian children up to the age of 18, this non-profit also supports other local charities helping children in need.
Hungarian Red Cross (Magyar Vöröskereszt): runs programs and activities that help to protect life and health, alleviate human suffering and poverty, and uphold human dignity including disaster management, recruitment for blood donors, social support, first aid education, refugee programs and tracing services.
Prizes include HUF 30,000 Voucher for Tokio Restaurant from Clark & White, Joe Malone Gift Pack worth HUF 30,000, Collection of Wine from Bortársaság, and a dozen more!
* Raffle tickets cost HUF 2000 each & you could take home any of those goodies,
* All raffle proceeds go to Food Bank Aid to help Ukrainian Refugees in Budapest.
* Charity raffle arranged & presented exclusively by Chris Clarke and Nikki Truesdale.
6-6.30pm Registration, 6-7pm Welcome drinks, live music & canapes, 6.45pm Ballroom Opens, 7.15pm VIP Address, 7.30-8.30pm Buffet, 8.30-9pm Light Show & Auction, 9-10pm Live Music & Dancing, 10pm Silent Auction Results + Raffle Draw, 11pm DJ + More Dancing, Carriages at 1am.
The virtual bonfire & fireworks display film at this event are in keeping with the British tradition of Bonfire Night, AKA Guy Fawkes Night, which is held annually in the UK to mark the anniversary of a plot to blow up the Houses of Parliament in London in 1605.
Photos & Video
Courtesy of Árpád Bakcsy, Marco Novkov, Marcus Schirrmacher & ValionMedia.com - see below for a vid from 2022.
* Still and moving pictures will be taken at this community event and by participating in this event guests consent to these images being taken and published by the organisers and related partners e.g, photographers for reference purposes.
* The organisers reserve the right to change the program timing and content if necessary.
AISB, Anikó Woods, British Embassy, BBJ, Emőke Lőrinc, flowerMe, Funcode,hu, Madame Tussaud Budapest, Milán Kelecsényi, Simple Pay, Prohuman, S3 Europe, Wáberer Medical Center.
* Age: 18+
* Location: Grand Ballroom, Marriott Hotel, 1052 Budapest, Apáczai Csere János u. 4.
* There will also be a Free Name Card Draw, so bring your cards for that and for networking!
See What Happened @ XpatLoop's Charity Event in: 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015,
2014, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002